Carbon front fender

Du siehst das Forum als Gast - als registriertes Mitglied stehen dir alle Forenbereiche zur Verfügung. Wir freuen uns auf dich!

• hallo von einem Inhaber des Gefährte ER-6n in Hong Kong!

Ich muß für meinen Deutschen mich entschuldigen, während ich den Google übersetzer benutze! :ups

Ich möchte gerade dir etwas änderungen auf meinem Fahrrad und auch einer carbon vorderen Schutzvorrichtung zeigen, denen ich auf arbeite. Die obere Abbildung ist mit einer großen Webart und die mittlere Abbildung ist mit einer kleinen Webart. Was denkst du? Danke schon!!

großen Webart

kleinen Webart

Und das komplette Fahrrad

gruß
    Philip

• Hallo froryde :D

das ist ja ein tolles "Fahrrad"..... :tongue:

Sorry - Motorcycle should be translated as "MOTORRAD".....
    "Fahrrad" means "bicycle"....

Der Carbon-Front-Fender sieht sauber aus - hast du die
    Originalform kopiert???

Viele Grüsse nach HongKong..... :bierMicha :hi

Es gibt ein Leben vor der Rente !!!

• When in doubt - use the english language. Here are more than enough people understanding english texts. If there is a specific question, you may answer or someone else may do that in german or translate your english postings.

OR

post your text in both langauges: one in english and one translated.

I write that, because those automatic translators mostly are crap. They are working in general, but when it comes to details, they are not sufficient.

For example I'm asking myself, which words you used in your original english posting that were translated into "Gefährte" and "Webart". Can't understand that... The mis-translation of "bike" into "Fahrrad" was mentioned by Micha.

Regards into a great city at the other end of this world
    Rossi - had a great stay in Hong Kong some years ago...

PS: Micha - he wrote bike, not motorcycle - and a bike is Fahrrad/bicycle in german... ;)

Valentino hat mit mir nix ze dunn - der heißt nun mal so, wie mein Spitzname seit über 30 Jahren lautet ;)

281518.png

• Micha / Rossi

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I thought that most would understand English perfectly around here, but I didn't want to assume. That would be bad form. :japan:

Micha - yes, the fender is based on the original but I have made some small changes. It's my first try at this, so hope it's OK!

Rossi - glad to hear that you had a great stay in Hong Kong. Hope to see you back again sometime soon?

As to the wording:

"Gefährte" - not sure what I wrote originally, but basically saying "hi from a fellow ER-6n owner in Hong Kong!"

As to "Webart" - it means "weave", referring to the pattern of the carbon fiber material.

I am interested in see what kind of interest would people have on something like the fender? I have posted on the US forum and so far the response has been quite positive.

If this goes well, I hope to introduce other pieces such as bellypan, seat cowl....etc. + more. If you have any suggestions, opinions, or feedback at all, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Philip :japan:

• Aaah - now the dust is settling... ;) Gefährte in german is like the english companion - we don't have specific words for that phrase using the word fellow. And with weave you mean Gewebe - the word "Webart" is something very technical, no one can imagine the connection between a fender and this word... ;)

I think there are several people here in Germany, who are interested in something like this. But: You won't get many answers today, since May 1st is a holiday, the weather is exceptionally fine and everyone will be on the road - like me in a few minutes.

Rossi

Valentino hat mit mir nix ze dunn - der heißt nun mal so, wie mein Spitzname seit über 30 Jahren lautet ;)

281518.png

• Hallo Philip,

welcome to our forum and all the best wishes for you! Enjoy your membership!

Your explanation concerning the front fender sounds interesting and it looks fine.

Much mor interesting looks the changing of the footpegs. Can you give us some more informations or some more detailed pics?

Thanx so lot and have a nice day.

With warm wishes from Germany / Frankfurt/Main

Sören

Fahre nie schneller, als Dein Schutzengel fliegen kann! :yeah:

• Rossi - glad to hear things are clearing up! :D

I guess I'll have to wait a few days to see what the response would be. I really want to see this go into production though!

Hope you are having a good ride!

Soren - thank you for your warm welcome! The rearsets are from Rizoma. You check https://www.er-6n-forum.de/www.rizoma.com for more info. I will try to post more pictures on here as well. Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

hey whatsup in hong kong?
    what are trends over there?

the rizoma looks perfect with the black frame!
    seriously jelous!

are you producing the fender by yourself? or do you have a company or something similar?

• McBen,

What's up? Trends over here? Are you referring to motorcycle specific ones?

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I must say the Rizoma rearsets are quite nice. :]

As to the fender, I design them and have a local company make them for me.

• Hi Froryde!
    I like your front-fender! I like carbonparts in general and i already changed a couple items and went from plastic to carbon.

check my pics:

https://www.er-6n-forum.de/jgs_galerie_bi…bildid=645&sid=

https://www.er-6n-forum.de/jgs_galerie_bi…bildid=639&sid=

And talking about rizoma...I just mounted a Rizoma-Handlebar:

https://www.er-6n-forum.de/jgs_galerie_bi…bildid=643&sid=

Best regards
    Jay

• JayJay,

Nice! Great looking bike! :super

All you need now is a carbon front fender! :floet

Seriously though, how many people here would be interested in a carbon front fender? If I get a few people interested, maybe I can set up a group buy with some discounted pricing for ER-6n members?

• Offizieller Beitrag

the problem in germany is ,that we have an institution to secure the safety standards on all vehicles, so if you want to modify your vehicle, it has to have some kind of permission, and those permissions are hard to get or are very expensive!
    and modifying your vehicle without permission you could get into big trouble and even loose your insurance!

yes i was asking about motorcycle speficic trends =)

its hard to get informations out of asia, because of the language and so on...
    but usa for example is all over the news =D

• McBen,

Thanks for your reply and info! Regarding the safety standards, is it the TUV?

So even if, let's say, you want to change the turn signals or exhaust, you need to apply for a permit?! 8o

So i guess there's no point trying to make carbon accessories for the German market? :(

As to trends...hmm...I guess sports bikes like the R6, ZX6R, GSXRs...etc. Don't know why you would need such a bike in Hong Kong (of all places), but people do like their sports bikes!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von froryde (3. Mai 2007 um 17:50)

• Zitat

Original von froryde
    Thanks for your reply and info! Regarding the safety standards, is it the TUV?

So even if, let's say, you want to change the turn signals or exhaust, you need to apply for a permit?! 8o

So i guess there's no point trying to make carbon accessories for the German market? :(

I'll answer your questions in short - very short words:

Yes
    Yes
    Fear so......

;)

To be more detailed concerning your last question: It's not that easy, because you will need an approval that your parts are safe (material characteristics and strength!), won't disturb the riding characteristic, don't affect any technical functions and so on. To get those approvals, you will have to get an allowance for every type of motorcycle which you want to sell parts for. And: Those checks are not cheap - even if they just put a seal and a signature under a form...

Rossi

281518.png

• And i would only change the front fender for one that is longer than the original... what good is it to change it if the new one is just as much to short?

• Schutt,

Thank you for your reply and comments!

I guess my fender is more as a styling exercise rather than being providing added coverage when riding in rain.

However, your comment is valid and I will it into consideration when working on my next piece! Thanks again!

• McBen,

OK - perhaps I will try. I tried the RW bike website but it doesn't work? Are they any other companies that you think I should talk to?

Thanks for all the feedback and info guys!! :yeah:

Zitat

Original von McBen
    froryde, its not impossible to get those permissions!

you should talk to a german body work producer like,
    rw-bike.de
    they should be able to tell you everything you need and maybe you could work something out, that they sell your stuff over here^^