ABS on ER-6F

Du siehst das Forum als Gast - als registriertes Mitglied stehen dir alle Forenbereiche zur Verfügung. Wir freuen uns auf dich!

• Hi People :)

Ok this time I thought I would ask the question in english, as my google german translator didn't do to well ;)

I ride a 2007 ER-6F, and over the course of the month or so since I got it, I have had to stop sharply on occassion, using both front and rear breaks. I have found during a shap stop, the rear break pedal seems to get a life of its own, and seems to respond to the pressure upon it...and almost pushes back up and down and up again.

I have heard of ABS breaks supposidly pulsating, and this never happens on the front break, but I wondered if anyone has had this experience?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Jamie

• The front brake is also pulsating if you break as hard as possible...

Just try it, but be careful: A stoppie is possible, even with ABS

Crosser

let the good times roll

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von crosser1970 (12. November 2007 um 16:05)

• To prevent raising your back try this on slippy roads, for example just after rain. Choose an empty straight street. You should know how the bike behaves just in case... First try your rear brake, then your front. If the street is dry you will probably loose the contact of your rear wheel. In this case ABS does not respond to your rear brake.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Promme (12. November 2007 um 20:15)

• Hello Jamie
    That's a quite normal reaktion oft the ABS-System.
    While you are braking, the back oft your motorcycle
    is loosing it's weight, so that the ABS has to react
    much earlier, to prevent slipping....the dynamical
    weight is moving towards the frontweel, so the
    frontbrake is blocking much later......but it will!!!!

The pulsating feeling under your boot is normal
    (but it's irritating - I agree).

:bierMicha :hi

Es gibt ein Leben vor der Rente !!!

• I had to perform my first emergency stop on the ER-6F ABS today....somewhat ironic since we were chatting about ABS...but what can you do :)

Anyway ..there I was behind this very silly car driver who just decided to stop for no reason in the middle of the road. I automatically hit the front break, ...and I kept applying pressure.
    My front suspension made my handlebars lower ..as my front tire into the road... and then I could feel that pulsating in the front break handle.. I kept holding the break, avoiding to let go, or to pump it .... and It was incredible!!!

I do feel ABS is worth it...especially when you 'really need to stop!"

jamie